Best printer for home use India is easy to find these days. Here is a selection.
Gone are the days when every time one required a printed copy of a document or a photo, they needed to go to the nearest internet cafe to get the work done. With advancement of technology, printers have also become affordable and are not just meant to be used in classrooms and offices.
Before making a purchase however, it’s better if one realises what kind of a use the home printer is going to have. There are quite a few all-in-one printer options available in the market, manufactured by the leading companies like HP, Canon, Epson and more. The major difference that one needs to identify is whether the requirement is for a laser printer or an inkjet one.
Inkjet printers are usually cheaper than the laser variants, but needs regular purchase of ink cartridges. If the need is for more colored photos, inkjet printers are recommended as most laser ones can only offer black and white prints, thereby being more suitable for making document copies.
Without further ado, let’s have a look at the best printers for home use India that are readily available in India. The following have been curated based on the bulkiness or build and the usage these models can be put to.
1. HP DeskJet 2131 All-in-One Inkjet Colour Printer
This is an affordable printer which can let the buyer scan, copy and print documents/photos at one go. Simple user-friendly controls and USB connectivity makes it ideal for home usage.
- Save money with optional high-yield ink cartridges. Plus, save space with an all-in-one designed to fit where you need it. Features Just what you need-right away Count on easy versatility.
- Print, scan and copy what you need quickly with a reliable all-in-one.
- Easy from the start Get started in fewer steps. Easily set up this all-in-one to print, scan and copy with simple controls.
- Save your space with a compact all-in-one designed to fit on your desk, on a shelf or anywhere you need it.
- Tackle more tasks for less cash Print more for less, using the world’s No. 1 printer brand plus Original HP ink cartridges.
Print Speed – 7.5 pages/minute (monochrome), 5.5 pages/minute (colour)
Item Weight – 3.4 kgs
2. Canon Pixma G3000 All-in-One Wireless Ink Tank Colour Printer
Supporting advanced technology and connectivity options, this one also offers all-in-one functionality for print, scan and copy. Albeit a costlier version for home usage in India, this one is for the tech savvy ones and can save a fortune in the long run. This model offers connectivity options through Wi-Fi, USB and Canon Selphy App.
- Printer Type – Ink Tank; Functionality – All-in-One (Print, Scan, Copy); Printer Output – Color
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi, USB, Canon Selphy App
- Pages per minute – 8.8 pages (Black & White), 5 pages (Colour) ; Cost per page – 8 paise (Black & White), 21 paise (Colour) – As per ISO standards
- Ideal usage – Home and Small office, Regular / Heavy usage (more than 300 pages per month)
- Page size supported – 4.0″x6.0″ till A4 / Letter / Legal / A5 / B5 ; Duplex Print – Manual ; Print resolution – 4800×1200
Print Speed – 8.8 pages/minute (monochrome), 5 pages/minute (colour)
Item Weight – 5.8 kg
3. Brother HL-L2321D Laser Printer
This one is a black and white, reliable laser printer which comes with Auto Duplex Printing technology. It’s usually recommended for heavy duty printing works and supports USB connectivity. The model is a single-function one (print-only) and is for those actively looking for only document printing options at home.
- Help improve your productivity with print speeds of up to 30ppm. With a print resolution up to 2400 x 600 dpi, theHL-L2321D produces professional output with crisp text and excellent graphics.
- Print professional two-sided documents and booklets using the automatic duplex printing feature.
- A manual feed slot and rear paper exit provide a straight-through paper path to ensure that all of your printed materials always look their best.
- The Brother laser product line consumables are designed with a toner separation. The consumable components consist of a drum unit and a toner cartridge.
Print Speed – 30 pages/minute (monochrome)
Item Weight – 6.8 kg
4. Epson L361 Multi-Function Ink Tank Colour Printer
This one is also a multi-function model featuring the ability to print, scan and copy. Equipped with USB connectivity technology, this one is ideal for regular or heavy usage at home and promises high resolution printing for documents and photos alike.
- High Resolution Prints at a High Speed: Armed with the ability to print high resolution prints at up to 5760 dots per inch, experience high quality printing for your photographs or documents using the Epson L361 Colour InkTank printer.
- Its Micro Piezo technology releases extremely fine 3 pico litres of ink and spreads colour in a continuous form for those perfect prints.
- Universal Compatibility for Ease of Use: Whether it is a photograph of a priceless memory or an important professional document, the Epson L361 Colour InkTank printer handles all printing tasks with ease.Print Speed – 33 pages/minute (monochrome), 15 pages/minute (colour)
Item Weight – 6.2 kg
5. HP Sprocket Portable Photo Printer
This one is for the digitally savvy, on-the-go stars who want instant prints of the snapshots clicked on any digital camera or even mobile phones. Being hand-sized small, it can give the user a Polaroid-esque experience and as there’s no need to buy replacement cartridges, it’s inexpensive! Though the convenience and ease of use makes it a great choice, it’s not for the users who want professional-quality or standard document prints.
- Easily print social media photos; connect your social media accounts to the HP Sprocket App and instantly turn any of those photos into colorful prints.
- Have Fun – Be Creative: Customize your photos before you print with the HP Sprocket App to add fun text, borders, emoji’s and more – add a pop of personality for snapshots and stickers that are totally and uniquely you.
- About the size of a mobile phone and weighing around 170 g, this portable printer is charged by micro USB and goes anywhere. Please charge your Sprocket more than 25% before printing to avoid quality issues.
Print Speed – NA
Item Weight – 316 grams
As explained earlier, buying the best printer for home use India is an easy task with every product being available online these days. However, choosing the right one for one’s home would need the buyer to have some clarity about the requirements. Also, a non-tech savvy person is advised to look for options that come with installation and demo benefits, to avoid further confusion with set-ups or cartridge changes.